Deaprtment of Lifelong Learning And Extension (DLLE) & AAVISHHKAR
The department of life long –in SIES currently headed by Dr. Shanti Suresh has an enrollment of 100 students from the various faculties. The projects undertaken by the department are:
- The Annapurna Yojna- where the students are required to create enterprises and successfully run these for a stipulated time .This is done with the primary motive to enhance entrepreneurial skills of the students.
- Status of women: To promote research culture and develop sensitivity students are trained on conducting surveys, tabulating the survey and finally preparing the results of the survey with analysis.
- Population Education Program: This project is undertaken to create awareness of social issues and initiate action to overcome them. Students involve in street plays, poster competitions and public rallies to communicate with public.
- UDAAN: The University organizes an intercollegiate festival for community initiatives in which the college actively participates and won the last years Intercollegiate Trophy for the BEST in Street Play – on the theme of Pollution.
- Workshops: The department organizes skill enhancement workshops every year for the members.
The Department was established in the year 2014-2015, under the able guidance of Dr. Seetalexshmy. The enrollment has increased over the years and has become an integral part of the campus activities, contributing to the overall growth of the student community.
Dr. Shanti Suresh
Faculty in-charge – DLLE